Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh Firewire!

A girl like me is not savvy with electronics, so let me tell you I feel that I have learned a lot. Who would of thought uploading images from a camcorder to computer could be tricky. For a few days I spent hours trying to get digital imaging using a good 'ol USB cord. After spending 30 mins on hold with Panasonic, I am told I need to be using a Firewire Chord. First I learned that there is difference between Firewire and USB. I found and purchased a Firewire chord and was so excited to plug in only to find that the Female end didn't fit to either the computer or Camcorder. The male end fit perfectly on both sides, hmmmmmm, I went out to the stores again and discovered there is Ieee 1394 4 pin to 6 pin and Ieee 1394 4 pin to 4 pin. so I bought the wrong sized cable! Luckily I have heard there are adaptors, searched 2 stores then finally found the adaptor I wanted. This adaptor saved me $30. Also keep in mind there is a port especially made for firewire, DON'T try and jam it in the USB port you will break it. If you head is spinning then you know how I felt when I was trying to get all my ducks in a row simply over a silly firewire.

With all this aside, I have the pre-departure jitters. I am really excited to have all of the donations packed and now I only need to pack my own things.

No comments:

Post a Comment